Guided Wave Radar (GWR) has become the premier choice for power plant operators who want to replace aging level instrumentation to reduce their heat rate and fuel costs. Unlike older Differential Pressure, Magnetostrictive, RF Capacitance and Torque Tube/Displacer technologies, GWR transmitters can help you achieve precise level control, while also eliminating instrument-induced errors. GWR:
- Requires no calibration or maintenance between shutdowns to achieve reliable level control.
- Provides accurate level control from start-up to operational temperatures.
- Responds to rapid level changes.
- Is immune to shifts in specific gravity and the dielectric constant of media.
ECLIPSE® Model 706 GWR Transmitter Improves Level Control Performance
The ECLIPSE Model 706 guided wave radar (GWR) transmitter is a level measurement and control solution that advances GWR technology for outstanding accuracy, reliability and safety across a wide range of liquid level and interface applications.
The ECLIPSE Model 706:
- Exhibits best-in-class accurate and reliable level measurement.
- Is virtually unaffected by fluctuating process conditions including density, dielectric, viscosity and specific gravity.
- Has the superior signal strength to take on a broad range of challenging applications.
- Has no moving parts and requires no calibration.
- Delivers advanced LCD diagnostics that convey critical real-time waveform and trend data with outstanding ease of use.
- Offers a broad range of sensing probes that accurately measure true level, even in applications where the presence of high temperature/pressure steam can adversely affect other radar technologies’ ability to measure.
- Provides a variety of dedicated coaxial, single and twin rod probes that provide accurate level control for process media exhibiting steam, low level and varying dielectric or specific gravity conditions.
- Provides breakthrough GWR circuitry that achieves a higher transmit pulse amplitude and improved receiver sensitivity, resulting in a superior signal-to-noise ratio regardless of process conditions.